Sunday, May 29, 2011

Happy Anniversary

Engraved inside my wedding ring is the date "May 28, 1977."

On the cover of the program from our wedding (framed and sitting on the bookshelf in my office) are words from Song of Songs.  "My beloved spoke and said to me, 'Rise up my love and come away.  The winter is past.  The rain is over.  Flowers appear on the earth.  My love belongs to me and I to him.'"

And from my book, my words when thinking of the love of my life...

Lost

Today I lost something precious.
When I had the urge to hug,
I let is pass unfulfilled.
When I could have smiled,
I looked inward and resisted.
When I could have listened,
I allowed busyness to steal me away.
I can live with that,
I do each day, with the hope
of a tomorrow more filled with love.
But what I cannot bear to face,
what stops my heart,
is the thought of losing you.

2 comments:

Pamela Keane said...

On this day, May 29, 2011, I am attending the wedding of a friend. The weddings of other people always remind me of my own. What a beautiful message to read!

Belle said...

I love the Song of Solomon. A beautiful book. The poem is lovely too.